Students, faculty, clinicians, patients…
Share a story about your journey through medicine
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Show & Tell: Journeys through Medicine
A Gallery at Story, Health, & Healing:
A Symposium on Narrative in Medicine
What is the event?
Story, Health, & Healing: A Symposium on Narrative in Medicine takes place Saturday, October 1, 2016, at the Benson University Center on the Reynolda Campus.
What is Show & Tell?
Show & Tell: Journeys through Medicine is a gallery of narratives that document individual journeys through medicine. It is the “poster session” for the conference.
What kind of narrative can I submit?
- You can submit any kind of narrative that tells a story of your journey through medicine.
- We welcome short pieces of writing, visual art, photographs, videos, musical performance, collections of artifacts – as long as we can display it, it qualifies for submission.
Who can submit?
- Wake Forest faculty, staff, and students can submit.
- Clinicians and patients can submit.
- If you have a question about whether you can submit, ask us!
When do I submit?
- Submissions will be accepted until September 1, 2016.
- Notifications of acceptance will go out in early September.
How do I submit?
- Submit by email to one of the gallery “curators” (contact information below).
- If your submission cannot be emailed, contact us to discuss an alternate method.
What if I have questions?
- For more information about the conference, including the Show & Tell gallery, visit the conference website: http://humanitiesinstitute.wfu.edu/shhsym
- Contact the gallery “curators”:
- Marcia Wofford at the medical school: firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-713-5368
- Tanya Gregory at the PA program: email@example.com or 336-713-0819.